Home:  Office: HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT DIVISION BELL, 1930's

HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT DIVISION BELL, 1930's

View all Office

HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT DIVISION BELL, 1930's

Believed to be one of the bells connected to the Transmitter No2
(see Item No A0226) positioned in the Houses of Parliament, the transmitter was activated when it was necessary to call the M.P's to the house when a vote was needed.
The bells would be in all the bars and meeting places that the M.P's were likely to be, if a vote was imminent then the members were obliged not to stray far from a bell, usually no more than a mile away.
The local MP did say these were still to be seen in the House of Commons.

Add a memory or information about this object

A1137



2007 The Museum of Technology, The Great War and WWII
Company registered in England No. 7452160, Registered Charity No. 1140352, Accredited Museum No. 2221