Home:  Photography: BELL & HOWELL CINE CAMERA, 1950's

BELL & HOWELL CINE CAMERA, 1950's

View all Photography

BELL & HOWELL CINE CAMERA, 1950's

Bell & Howell 624 cine cameras were manufactured in Britain by the Cine and Photographic Division of Rank Precision Industries Ltd. The original design was evolved by the Bell & Howell Co. of Chicago U.S.A. and although the American model numbers were different, the cameras had similar specifications.
The 624 cameras were made of light alloy, with winding handle and footage indicator on the right, spool chamber on the left and starting button on the front right-hand corner. The knob provides for single frames, normal intermittent or continuous running. There was a tripod bush in the base with a standard 1/4 in. Whitworth thread.

This camera is a 624 EE model. It was first introduced into Britain in the 1950's. It has a single 10mm. lens, also shown is an 8 mm film, this item is in excellent condition and the leather case is hardly marked.

Add a memory or information about this object

A1280



2007 The Museum of Technology, The Great War and WWII
Company registered in England No. 7452160, Registered Charity No. 1140352, Accredited Museum No. 2221