Home:  Office: DICTAPHONE RECORDING MACHINE, circa 1940

DICTAPHONE RECORDING MACHINE, circa 1940

View all Office

DICTAPHONE RECORDING MACHINE, circa 1940

The name "Dictaphone" was trademarked by the Columbia Graphophone Company in 1907, which soon became the leading manufacturer of these machines. This continued the use of wax cylinders for voice recording. They had fallen out of favour for music recordings, in favour of disc technology. Dictaphone was spun off into a separate company in 1923 headed by C. King Woodbridge.

Donated by Simon O'Hea of The Colt Group Ltd

Add a memory or information about this object

A1552



2007 The Museum of Technology, The Great War and WWII
Company registered in England No. 7452160, Registered Charity No. 1140352, Accredited Museum No. 2221