WWII CV64 RESONANT CAVITY MAGNETRON VALVE
Almost identical to the 1st device made in the UK by GEC for use with Radar, on the 29th June 1940, this was copied by the U.S. during WW2 with permission from Winston Churchill.
Add a memory or information about this object
The CV64 is a later version of the first Cavity Magnetron the E1189 or CV38.
The magnetron is electrically a diode and in use the flat sides of the central cavity are located between the poles of a powerful magnet (1,350 Gauss).
The magnetic field causes the electrons to spiral outward from the cathode to the anode. The cavities in the anode block produce the powerful microwave energy.